- Reduce impacts (noise, light spillage, trash, traffic circulation, parking, and aesthetic issues) for residential abutters during peak field use periods
- Improve the passive and active facilities for residential abutters, youth sports leagues and for residents of the city at large
- Improve facilities shared with Worcester State College athletic programs in exchange for College funding of capital improvements, assisting in facility maintenance
- Enhance overall aesthetics of the property
- Improve passive recreational and educational opportunities
- Enhance environmental features and create an attractive and safe setting for recreational pursuits throughout the year for all residents
- Implement storm drainage management measures and facilities to improve playing conditions and reduce flooding at the park site and to down stream abutters
The master plan is being realized through phased construction. Weston & Sampson prepared documents for the construction of the full-size baseball and softball diamonds and assisted the city with construction administration oversight.