Comprehensive Services for New Athletic Facilities at Danvers High School
The Town of Danvers selected Weston & Sampson to provide comprehensive design, engineering, permitting, and construction administration services for new athletic facilities at Danvers High School. The proposed $6M complex is to include a stadium with a multi-purpose synthetic turf field and competition track, bleacher systems for 2,600 spectators (and below-bleacher storage), sports lighting, scoreboards, and other ancillary improvements. Additional sports and recreation facilities include a baseball field with a 90’ diamond, a multi-purpose field, a ropes course, and a five-court tennis complex. The finished project will cap off the major Danvers High School building renovation and expansion project.
Weston & Sampson's responsibilities included:
- Review and evaluation of master plans prepared by others
- New schematic designs
- Topographic survey and baseplan development
- Coordination and monitoring of soil borings, soil tests, and geotechnical evaluations
- Hazardous waste inspections, reporting and mitigation design
- Preparation of high quality illustrative design drawings for use in the public outreach process and to support fundraising efforts
- Preliminary and final designs, construction documents, and bid assistance
- Multi-disciplinary design services including landscape architecture and site/civil, structural, geotechnical, and electrical engineering
- Comprehensive construction administration services
Weston & Sampson worked closely with the Danvers Public Works Department and High School Facilities Committee to expedite every aspect of the design and construction of this new, state-of-the-art athletic complex while minimizing disruption to normal school activities. The completed complex supports a wide range of school and community-based sports and recreation programming.