Feasibility Study for New Police Department Headquarters and Fire Department Substation
Weston & Sampson prepared a feasibility study for a new police department headquarters and fire department substation for the City of Somerville, Massachusetts. The work included:
- documenting existing conditions / deficiencies
- interviewing key department staff
- preparing a comprehensive space needs assessment
- conducting a site selection analysis
- developing conceptual alternatives
- preparing order of magnitude project cost estimates.
Work also included meeting with city governing authorities to present the project for future funding. The site selection analysis included developing a site selection matrix and ranking each site to identify a preferred site to house the operations. Concepts were developed in a manner to combine police operations with the fire department substation with the goal of identifying possible shared spaces to reduce the overall program and cost of the project.