Yarmouth-Dennis Regional Septage Treatment Operations
Weston & Sampson has provided full-time contract operations of the Yarmouth-Dennis Regional Septage Treatment Facility since July 2009. Operations staff performed all necessary operation and maintenance duties, as highlighted below.
- Vehicle checking and weighing
- Primary clarification
- Operation of oxidation ditch
- Secondary clarification
- Sand Filtration
- Ultraviolet disinfection
- Effluent storage
- Sludge and grit processing and disposal
- Onsite laboratory bench testing
- Operation of reclaimed effluent system for local golf course irrigation
Weston & Sampson recommended and managed two phases of capital improvements at the facility.
- A new SCADA system was implemented to integrate with the existing SCADA panels throughout the facility to increase real-time monitoring ability of all system processes from several locations in the facility.
- Dissolved oxygen monitoring equipment was installed into the oxidation ditch to automatically control operation of the blower for decreased energy usage and increased treatment efficiency.
- Variable frequency drives were added to each of the irrigation pumps to automatically control spray field application, offering energy savings.