OPERATIONS / MAINTENANCE / TRAINING
Weston & Sampson's staff of hands-on licensed engineers, certified operators, plumbers, licensed electricians, and expert technicians, provides operation and maintenance (O&M) services to public and private clients for conventional and innovative alternative technology; wastewater and water treatment plants; pump stations; and wastewater collection, water distribution, and storm drain systems. Our preventive maintenance services include site visits, evaluations, reports, instruction, inspection, management, schedules, and programs. We also offer full contract preventive maintenance as well as scheduled and emergency corrective maintenance services, both as part of contract operations and on an individual project basis.
Additionally, we provide cross connection programs and surveys as well as backflow device testing, repairs, and installation and around-the-clock emergency repairs, including weekends or holidays.
Our comprehensive on-the-job and classroom training sessions include start-up, operation, preventative and corrective maintenance, safety, and confined space entry.
News & Highlights
Contact Our Experts to learn more about how we can assist your community
REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
Preventative Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems and Plants
Weston & Sampson provides hands-on, scheduled repair and maintenance of water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment systems and plants. Our staff of licensed electricians and plumbers, mechanical piping technicians, welders, and laborers, is supported by a fleet of more than 50 maintenance vehicles. These fully equipped trucks include spare parts, tools, cranes, and support equipment required to conduct repairs on site. For those complex repairs requiring off-site work, we support our staff with our own off-site repair facilities, allowing us to shorten turn-around times for equipment repair.
Our clients include municipal water and/or sewer departments that utilize their own in-house staff as first responders, but call upon Weston & Sampson in the event their staff encounters problems requiring outside support or during vacations and short-term staff shortages that necessitate support until the client can restore its labor force to desired capacity.
Our clients also include private utility owners such as property management companies, condominium associations, industrial and commercial plant managers, facility managers, and property owners who have in-house staff to respond to initial alarms, but require the specialized expertise and capabilities of Weston & Sampson.
Variable Frequency Drives
Chemical Feed Systems
Individual on-lot Grinder Pumps
24/7 EMERGENCY RESPONSE
Weston & Sampson Services provides hands-on, around the clock emergency repairs of water, wastewater, and stormwater collection and distribution systems, pumping stations, treatment facilities, and tide gates.
Through our 24/7 emergency response service, clients have peace-of-mind knowing we are available to respond at any time, including weekends or holidays, to diagnose and fix their problems, all with just one phone call.
Our expertise covers:
CROSS CONNECTION / BACKFLOW
Weston & Sampson Services, Inc. has been managing cross connection and backflow prevention programs since 1992.
In addition to municipal programs, we provide services for private industrial facilities, research and development (R&D) facilities, commercial properties, multi-family residential properties, academic institutions, including private and public school districts, colleges and universities as well as property management companies.
Our staff includes members of the New England Water Works Association (NEWWA) that certify backflow testers throughout New England. When Weston & Sampson Services, Inc. staff accompany municipal and private staff on survey and testing assignments, our clients are assured their staff will receive outstanding on-the-job training.
Survey of municipal, industrial, institutional, and commercial properties to identify existing and potential cross connections
Testing of existing and unregistered backflow devices.
Repairs (as needed)
Installation (of new devices)
Consulting to set up cross connection programs with software assistance
Administrative support, contacting property owners, making appointments, logging results in the database, and all other elements required for accurate and retrievable documentation
Weston & Sampson Services has extensive experience in development and implementation of Unidirectional Flushing (UDF)
Program for small and large water distribution system. The services we provide for the City and Town-wide
flushing programs include:
UDF Program Development
- Utilizing the latest water system GIS data to create hydraulic model
- Utilizing InfoWater hydraulic modeling software to create hydraulic model
- Populating the hydraulic model with the water demands, C-values, and nodal elevations
- Utilizing InfoWater UDF Suite Software to create UDF sequences
- Creating field journal data sheets and Maps showing flushing sequences, valves, hydrants for implementation of the UDF Program.
UDF Program Implementation
- Developing field protocols for an effective and efficient implementation of the UDF Program
- Providing state-of-the-art equipment and tools for conducting flushing program
- Developing an electronic form and methods for field data collection on iPad tablet device
- Creating project website for real-time data reporting
- Providing experienced crews for conducting UDF Program
- Performing periodic safety audits to ensure implementation of field protocols
- Creating an electronic data reporting format for importing UDF data into work order management software
- Monitoring the flushing program implementation and providing periodic progress reports to the Clients
On-the-job and Classroom Training
Weston & Sampson Services offers comprehensive on-the-job and classroom training. Our supervisory and staff training courses include start-up, operation, preventative and corrective maintenance, and safety. Weston & Sampson also offers a thorough confined space entry training program.
We provide training as approved by the various Boards of Certification of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators and Drinking Water Supply Facilities in multiple states for the following classes:
Course Title & Total Contact Hours
- The Essentials of Cross-Connection Control (4 Contact Hours)
- Blood-borne Pathogens OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1030 (2.5 Contact Hours)
- Preparation of Operations & Maintenance Manuals (2.5 Contact Hours)
- Respiratory Protection Air Purifying Respirators 29 CFR 1910.134 (3 Contact Hours)
- Lifting/Back Safety (1.5 Contact Hours)
- Personal Protective Equipment Selection and Use (3 Contact Hours)
- Hazard Communications OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200 (2 Contact Hours)
- Tools – Hand & Power Safety 1926 – Subpart 1 (2 Contact Hours)
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock Out/Tag Out) (2.5 Contact Hours)
- Confined Space Entry Training (6 Contact Hours)
- Effective Water System Management The Juggling Act (4 Contact Hours)
- Environmental Health & Safety Training(4 Contact Hours)
- Pump Station Repair & Maintenance Tips & Lessons Learned fromHands-On Technicians (4 Contact Hours)
- Introduction to Instrumentation and SCADA Systems (4 Contact Hours)
certified to teach
All classes that are OSHA Programs in General Industry and Construction
OSHA Construction, 10 and 30 Hour
OSHA General Industry, 10 and 30 Hour
Ergonomics for Construction and General Industry
CPR, First Aid, and AED
Forklift Training (Powered Industrial Truck)
Back Safety Training (Proper Lifting)
HAZWOPER, 8 and 40 Hour
Trench Safety Training
Heat and Cold Stress Training
Ladder and Scaffold Training
Confined Space (Authorized and Affected)
Permit-Confined Space Entry
Hearing Conservation Training
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Training
Tool Safety Training
Work Zone Safety
Competent Person Training