Weston & Sampson's climate resiliency services support creating resilient infrastructure that adapts, thrives, and survives both chronic and catastrophic changes in the natural environment. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has been providing municipalities, public agencies, and private sector clients along the East Coast with cost-effective and innovative solutions to their infrastructure and environmental challenges.
Our climate resilience services include:
- Resilient risk-based design of infrastructure and environment systems
- Translate climate models and uncertainty into feasible engineering design criteria
- Climate adaptation plans
- MVP Provider Services
- Grant application and preparation
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic 1-D & 2-D Modelling
- Watershed analysis and coastal and inland flood inundation mapping
- Site-specific climate resiliency assessments
- Climate vulnerability and risk assessments
- Community Outreach and Stakeholder Engagement
- Green Infrastructure
- Drought management
- Greenhouse gas inventory
- Integration of climate adaptation and mitigation into life-cycle and asset management plans
- Stormwater and flood protection design
- 24/7 Emergency response
News & Highlights
RMAT BETA TOOL
Statewide Climate Resilience Design Standards Tool
Weston & Sampson is proud to have served as the lead technical consultant for the Resilient MA Action Team (RMAT) in developing the Statewide Climate Resilience Design Standards Tool, which was recently released by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. This first-in-the-nation web-based beta tool makes preliminary climate resilience analyses broadly available to the public at no charge to inform “climate smart” capital planning and design.
MOAKLEY PARK Case Study APA 2021
courtesy of Stoss
Weston & Sampson is proud to support the City of Boston and lead consultant Stoss Landscape Urbanism with advancing climate resilience along the South Boston waterfront, and improving community opportunities at Moakley Park. This video, produced by Stoss, details the design process, and collaborative nature of the project. Julie Eaton Ernst, PE details the technical assessments and subsurface investigations that informed design considerations for resiliency improvements.
CHARLES RIVER WATERSHED FLOOD MODEL
Weston & Sampson worked with the Charles River Watershed Association, who, using grant funding from the Massachusetts MVP program, has developed and released the first ever comprehensive stormwater flood model for the Upper and Middle Charles River watershed. The model will aid in planning for mitigation of flooding caused by increased precipitation.
Learn more on the ESRI Story Maps